Want to know an easy way to compare more competitive insurance rates in Kansas City, KS? Kansas City consumers have lots of choices when looking for affordable car insurance. They can either spend hours driving around getting price quotes or save time using the internet to get rate quotes. There are both good and bad ways to find insurance online so you're going to learn the absolute fastest way to get price quotes for a and locate the lowest price either online or from Kansas City insurance agents.
Shocking but true, almost 70% of insureds kept their coverage with the same insurance company for more than four years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never taken the time to shop around. With the average premium in Kansas being $1,597, drivers could pocket approximately 55% a year just by shopping around, but they don't know how much savings they would realize if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
The method we recommend to get policy rate comparisons is to realize almost all companies have advanced systems to quote your coverage. All you need to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information including distance driven, if your license is active, whether you are single or married, and the type of vehicles you drive. That rating information is then submitted to multiple top-rated companies and you should receive rate quotes very quickly.
To get price quotes for your car now, click here and enter your zip code.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide price quotes in Kansas City, KS. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Equinox LTZ AWD||$1,186||$593||$99|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4WD||$842||$421||$70|
|Dodge Grand Caravan SE||$930||$465||$78|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$1,158||$579||$97|
|Ford Edge SE 2WD||$908||$454||$76|
|Ford Escape XLT 4WD||$950||$475||$79|
|Ford Explorer XLT 4WD||$1,064||$532||$89|
|Ford F-150 Lariat King Ranch 2WD||$940||$470||$78|
|Ford Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$970||$485||$81|
|GMC Sierra Denali Crew Cab 4WD||$1,186||$593||$99|
|Honda Accord LX-P 4-Dr Sedan||$636||$318||$53|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 4WD||$860||$430||$72|
|Honda Civic DX 2-Dr Coupe||$998||$499||$83|
|Hyundai Elantra Blue 4-Dr Sedan||$932||$466||$78|
|Mazda 3 I Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$1,192||$596||$99|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$912||$456||$76|
|Nissan Rogue S 2WD||$916||$458||$76|
|Toyota Camry Hybrid||$1,284||$642||$107|
|Toyota Corolla XRS||$1,036||$518||$86|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Kansas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and safe-driver. Estimates do not factor in garaging location in Kansas City which can decrease or increase price quotes significantly.
Should you buy full coverage?
The information below visualizes the comparison of Ford Escape insurance costs when comparing full coverage to liability only. Data assumes no claims or violations, $1,000 deductibles, married male driver, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Ford Escape rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Are you wasting money on full coverage?
There is no set rule to drop full coverage, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is about 10% or more of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Ford Escape book value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company will settle for is $8,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are currently paying more than $800 a year for full coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some cases where eliminating full coverage is not financially feasible. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to keep full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should maintain full coverage.
Don't neglect these discounts on insurance
Companies offering auto insurance don't always publicize their entire list of discounts in a way that's easy to find, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more well known as well as the least known savings tricks you should be using when you buy Kansas City car insurance online.
- Government Employee Discount - Federal government employees can earn a discount up to 10% with some insurance companies.
- Policy Bundle Discount - When you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company you will save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Good Drivers - Accident-free drivers can save up to 40% or more on their Kansas City car insurance quote than drivers with accidents.
- Discount for Passive Restraints - Cars that have air bags can get savings of up to 25% or more.
- Active Service Discounts - Having a deployed family member could trigger a small discount.
While discounts sound great, it's important to understand that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like it's possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn't work that way.
To choose insurance companies who offer cheap insurance quotes in Kansas City in Kansas City, click here to view.
Local Kansas City insurance agents and car insurance
Many drivers would prefer to sit down and talk to an agent. Agents will help you protect your assets and help file insurance claims. One of the benefits of comparing car insurance online is the fact that you can find better rates but still work with a licensed agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, the quote information is submitted to insurance agents in Kansas City that can provide free Kansas City car insurance quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. If you have a need to get a price quote from a specific company, don't hesitate to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right provider requires you to look at more than just the price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Do the coverages you're quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Who are their largest clients?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
When looking for a local Kansas City insurance agent, it's important to understand the different agency structures and how they operate. Insurance agencies in Kansas City are classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either one can write car insurance policies, but it's important to point out why they differ because it can impact buying decisions.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
These agents can only provide pricing for a single company such as State Farm, Allstate and AAA. These agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive insurance agents are well trained on their company's products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Some insured continue to choose to use a exclusive agent partially due to loyalty to the company instead of buying on price only.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type often have affiliation with several companies so they can write business with multiple insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply switch companies in-house and the insured can keep the same agent. When comparing rate quotes, you should always get insurance quotes from independent agents for the best price selection. Most have the option of insuring with mutual insurance companies that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
If you receive satisfactory answers to all your questions as well as inexpensive Kansas City car insurance quotes, you may have found an insurance agency that meets your needs to properly insure your vehicles.
Find lower-cost auto insurance with these tips
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that help determine the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you have a feel for what controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to lower auto insurance prices.
Shown below are some of the most common factors companies use to determine your premiums.
- Fewer miles means better prices - The more you drive your car each year the higher the price you pay to insure it. Almost all companies charge to insure your cars based upon how you use the vehicle. Vehicles not used for work or commuting cost less to insure than vehicles that have high annual mileage. It's a good idea to make sure your vehicle rating correctly shows annual mileage, because it can save money.
- Low deductibles can be expensive - Deductibles for physical damage represent how much money you are required to pay if a covered claim is submitted. Insurance for physical damage to your car, also called 'full coverage', is used to repair damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply are collision with another vehicle, damage from fire, and damage caused by road hazards. The more money you're willing to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Safety first - Vehicles with good safety scores tend to be cheaper to insure. Safer cars result in less severe injuries and fewer injuries translates directly to fewer claims passed on to you as lower rates. If your car, truck, or SUV earned at least an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may pay a lower rate.
- Cut prices and deter theft - Selecting a car model with advanced anti-theft systems can earn a premium discount. Advanced theft deterrents like GM's OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all hinder car theft.
- Experienced drivers save more - Beginning drivers in Kansas have a tendency to be inattentive and easily distracted when behind the wheel therefore auto insurance rates are much higher. Having to add a youthful driver onto a policy can cause a big jump in price. Older drivers have been proven to be more responsible, file fewer claims, and usually have better credit.
- Lower rates with a multi-policy discount - Most major insurance companies afford lower prices to people that buy multiple policies such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. If you currently are using one company, you may still want to compare other company rates to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
Best reasons to buy car insurance in Kansas
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Kansas City, insuring your vehicle may not be optional for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to drive the car legally. In Kansas these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, it's most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you let the policy lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your vehicle for a lot more money and require you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Car insurance preserves not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for medical bills for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially when you need to use it. The average driver in Kansas overpays more than $820 a year so you should quote and compare rates at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Be persistent and save
People switch companies for many reasons like delays in responding to claim requests, high rates after DUI convictions, policy non-renewal or even lack of trust in their agent. Whatever your reason, choosing a new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
When searching for cheap Kansas City car insurance quotes, don't be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your focus should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest cost, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
We've covered a lot of ways to get a better price on auto insurance in Kansas City. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest premium rates come from an unexpected company.
For more information, take a look at the following helpful articles:
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Kansas Auto Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Female? (FAQ)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)