How long has it been since you sat down and looked for the cheapest Ford Edge insurance in Wichita? Are you overwhelmed by the number of car insurance choices in Wichita? You're not alone. Kansas people have so many choices to choose from that it can easily become a big hassle to find the best rates for Ford Edge insurance in Wichita. Everyone knows that Wichita is a great city to raise a family in, but getting gouged by high car insurance rates can make it very difficult to buy full coverage.
It's hard to believe, but the vast majority of consumers in Kansas have remained with the same car insurance company for well over three years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never taken the time to shop around. American consumers can save as much as $850 each year by just shopping around, but most undervalue the big savings they would realize if they switch to a new company.
Auto insurance discounts help lower rates for Ford Edge insurance in Wichita
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you might already qualify for some discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of purchase, but a few must be manually applied before you will receive the discount. If you do not double check each discount possible, you're just leaving money on the table.
- Good Drivers - Insureds without accidents can pay as much as 50% less than less cautious drivers.
- Distant College Student Discount - College-age children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Buying coverage for more than one vehicle with the same company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Senior Citizen Rates - Drivers over the age of 55 are able to get a small decrease in premiums.
- Discount for Low Mileage - Driving less could qualify for cheaper prices.
- First Accident Forgiveness - Not really a discount, but some insurance companies permit an accident without raising rates as long as you don't have any claims for a certain period of time.
Keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply the the whole policy. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, nobody gets a free ride. But all discounts will help reduce the premium cost.
A list of companies and some of the discounts are:
- Esurance includes discounts for online shopper, claim free, Switch & Save, good student, and Pac-12 alumni.
- The Hartford offers discounts including driver training, vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, air bag, good student, bundle, and defensive driver.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including good driver, education and occupation, multi-policy, pay-in-full, anti-theft, multi-car, and AAA membership discount.
- GEICO discounts include multi-policy, federal employee, emergency military deployment, good student, anti-theft, and driver training.
- State Farm may include discounts for defensive driving training, good student, Drive Safe & Save, good driver, student away at school, safe vehicle, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every company which discounts you may be entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be available in Wichita. For a list of auto insurance companies who offer discounts in Kansas, click this link.
Buy Wichita Ford Edge insurance online
When shopping for cheaper Wichita auto insurance quotes, there are a couple of ways to compare rate quotes from different Wichita insurance companies. The simplest method to find competitive Ford Edge insurance rates consists of shopping online.
When quoting car insurance, remember that more quotes helps you find the best offered rates. Some regional insurers cannot provide online rate quotes, so you should also compare quotes from them as well.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide free quotes in Wichita, KS. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you get rates from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Edge SE 2WD||$238||$450||$386||$22||$116||$1,212||$101|
|Edge SE AWD||$206||$504||$372||$22||$112||$1,216||$101|
|Edge SEL 2WD||$114||$266||$372||$22||$112||$886||$74|
|Edge Limited 2WD||$102||$242||$324||$20||$96||$784||$65|
|Edge SEL AWD||$166||$366||$324||$20||$96||$972||$81|
|Edge Limited AWD||$156||$276||$376||$22||$112||$942||$79|
|Edge Sport 2WD||$212||$496||$372||$22||$112||$1,214||$101|
|Edge Sport AWD||$190||$430||$324||$20||$96||$1,060||$88|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Kansas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Premium costs do not factor in specific zip code location which can modify premiums significantly.
Gender differences in auto insurance premiums
The example below compares Ford Edge premium costs for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no violations or claims, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Components of Your Ford Edge Insurance Rates
Lots of things are considered when you get a price on insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as traffic violations, but other criteria are not quite as obvious such as whether you are married and annual miles driven.
The items below are a few of the things auto insurance companies consider when setting your rates.
Big city or small town - Choosing to live in small towns and rural areas can be a good thing when it comes to auto insurance. Fewer drivers means fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate. Drivers in populated Kansas areas tend to have congested traffic and a longer drive to work. Higher commute times means more chance of being in an accident.
Vehicle options that cut auto insurance rates - Choosing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Systems that thwart theives such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM's OnStar system all help stop car theft and help bring rates down.
Physical damage deductibles - Deductibles for physical damage tell how much you are willing to pay if a covered claim is submitted. Physical damage coverage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Examples of some claims that would be covered are a windshield broken by a bird, damage caused by hail, and having a roll-over accident. The more damage repair cost you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the bigger discount you will receive.
Save money by having multiple policies - Most auto insurance companies afford discounts for people that have more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can add up to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. If you currently are using one company, it's still a good idea to compare other company rates to help guarantee you have the best rates.
Insurance loss probability for a Ford Edge - Insurance companies use data from past claims when setting premium costs. Vehicles that tend to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will have higher rates.
The table below shows the collected loss data for Ford Edge vehicles. For each coverage type, the loss probablilty for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is set at 100. Numbers under 100 indicate better than average losses, while numbers that are greater than 100 point to more losses or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Ford Edge Vehicles
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Ford Edge 4dr 2WD||53||93|
|Ford Edge 4dr 4WD||71||108||75|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
It's not one size fits all
Always keep in mind that when comparing your policy, there isn't really a "best" method to buy coverage. Every situation is different.
For example, these questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs could use an agent's help.
- Do I have ACV or replacement cost coverage?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- Am I covered by my spouse's policy after a separation?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my Ford Edge to commute?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Comparing quotes from local Wichita insurance agents
A small number of people just want to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is a smart decision One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent. Buying insurance from neighborhood insurance agencies is especially important in Wichita.
By using this quick form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to participating agents in Wichita who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. You can get cheaper insurance rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you have a need to quote rates from one company in particular, you just need to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
When finding local Wichita agents, there are two different agency structures that you can choose from. Agencies in Wichita are categorized either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Agents of this type are not restricted to one company and that gives them the ability to insure with any number of different companies and find you cheaper rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don't have to find a new agent. When comparing insurance prices, you will definitely want to get some free quotes from independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most independent agents also contract with different regional companies who may have lower rates.
The following is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Wichita that can give you price quote information.
- Kansas Life Insurance Agency Inc.
4510 W Central Ave - Wichita, KS 67212 - (316) 201-4207 - View Map
- Insurance Partners Of Kansas
707 N Waco Ave #101 - Wichita, KS 67203 - (316) 686-6666 - View Map
- Boucher Insurance Agency, Inc.
505 S Broadway St #122 - Wichita, KS 67202 - (316) 262-3711 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only provide pricing for a single company such as Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are trained well on their products and sales techniques which can be an advantage. A lot of people purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to the prominent brand name rather than having low rates.
Below are exclusive agencies in Wichita that can give you comparison quotes.
- Justin Buoy - State Farm Insurance Agent
101 S Ridge Rd b - Wichita, KS 67209 - (316) 721-8822 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: David Kauffman
5825 E Central Ave - Wichita, KS 67208 - (316) 686-3059 - View Map
- American Family Insurance - Kerri Mauck
10616 W Maple St Ste 400 - Wichita, KS 67209 - (316) 721-3936 - View Map
Picking the best auto insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap quote. Before buying a policy in Wichita, get answers to these questions.
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Kansas?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
Auto insurance protects more than just your car
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Ford in Wichita, insuring your vehicle is required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Kansas these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Ford Edge has a loan, almost every bank will force you to have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank may buy a policy for your Ford at an extremely high rate and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Auto insurance preserves both your car and your assets. It will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you cause an accident and are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying more than $855 a year so it's very important to do a rate comparison at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
One last thing about your coverage
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of information how to lower your Ford Edge insurance premium rates in Wichita. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the best premium rates are with a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising.
When shopping online for auto insurance, it's a bad idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many situations where an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage only to discover later they didn't have enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best possible price and still be able to protect your assets.
People change insurance companies for many reasons like denial of a claim, being labeled a high risk driver, delays in paying claims and even lack of trust in their agent. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a great new company is not as hard as you think.
Additional information is available below:
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Kansas Auto Insurance for a Dodge Grand Caravan? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Garden City, Kansas? (FAQ)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)