Wish you could get out of overpriced Ford Escape insurance in Overland Park? It's quite common and many consumers are feeling buyer's remorse and feel like there's no way out.
Shockingly, 70% of consumers have been with the same company for a minimum of four years, and practically 40% of car insurance customers have never compared rates to find cheap insurance. With the average premium in Kansas being $1,600, drivers could save almost $809 a year by just comparing quotes, but most just don't grasp how much they could save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one. Because there are so many companies and agents to choose from, it is hard for the average consumer to choose a more affordable company.
Save a ton on Ford Escape insurance in Overland Park with these discounts
Companies do not advertise every disount available in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list some of the more common and also the lesser-known insurance savings.
- No Claims - Insureds with no claims or accidents pay less compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- No Charge for an Accident - Not a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies will let one accident slide before your rates go up so long as you haven't had any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Low mileage vehicles could qualify for cheaper insurance rates.
- Good Grades Discount - A discount for being a good student can save 20 to 25%. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Safety Course Discount - Taking a driver safety class can save you 5% or more and also improve your driving technique.
- Military Rewards - Having an actively deployed family member could mean lower insurance rates.
- Paperwork-free - Certain companies will give a small break for signing up on the web.
- Seat Belt Usage - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use their safety belts could save 15% off PIP or medical payments premium.
Don't be surprised that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, it doesn't quite work that way.
To view insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Overland Park, click this link.
Most major insurance companies allow you to get price estimates on the web. Getting quotes for Ford Escape insurance in Overland Park is quite easy because you just enter your required coverages into the form. Once you submit the form, their rating system gets information on your driving record and credit history and provides a quote based on these and other factors. The ability to get online price quotes for Ford Escape insurance in Overland Park helps simplify price comparisons, and it's also necessary to get many rate quotes in order to get a lower rate.
To compare rates using this form now, check out the car insurance providers below. If you have coverage now, it's recommended you complete the form with your coverages as shown on your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will have comparison quotes using the exact same coverages.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in Kansas. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Escape XLS 2WD||$174||$304||$328||$20||$98||$924||$77|
|Escape XLS 4WD||$206||$414||$316||$18||$94||$1,048||$87|
|Escape XLT 2WD||$166||$300||$256||$16||$76||$814||$68|
|Escape Limited 2WD||$124||$178||$250||$14||$76||$642||$54|
|Escape XLT 4WD||$200||$304||$328||$20||$98||$950||$79|
|Escape Limited 4WD||$200||$370||$328||$20||$98||$1,016||$85|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Kansas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and homeowner. Estimates do not factor in garaging location in Overland Park which can revise coverage rates noticeably.
Full coverage or liability only
The information below shows the comparison of Ford Escape car insurance rates when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The price estimates are based on no violations or accidents, $100 deductibles, single female driver, and no other discounts are factored in.
Should you be buying full coverage?
There isn't a steadfast formula to stop buying comp and collision coverage, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of having full coverage is 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Ford Escape replacement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, you would only receive $2,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are currently paying more than $200 a year for your policy with full coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some cases where dropping full coverage is not recommended. If you haven't satisfied your loan, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not buy liability only.
How to Lower Your Insurance Prices
Lots of things are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are pretty understandable such as traffic violations, although some other factors are more obscure like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are.
The itemized list below are some of the things auto insurance companies consider when setting prices.
Avoid tickets and save - Drivers with clean records pay less for auto insurance compared to bad drivers. Only having one driving citation may cause rates to rise by as much as thirty percent. Drivers with severe violations like reckless driving or DUI may be required to maintain a SR-22 with their state's department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive.
Marriage can lower costs - Being married may earn you lower rates on auto insurance. Marriage means you're more stable financially it has been statistically shown that being married results in fewer claims.
Deter vehicle theft - Selecting a car model with anti-theft technology or alarm system can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Theft deterrent systems like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar help track and prevent auto theft and help lower rates.
Men are more aggressive - Statistics demonstrate females are less aggressive when driving. This data doesn't prove that men are WORSE drivers than women. Females and males are responsible for auto accidents in similar numbers, but the male of the species tend to have higher claims. Men also statistically get ticketed for serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving.
Raise your physical damage deductibles for better premiums - Your deductibles represent how much money you are required to spend before a claim is paid by your company. Physical damage coverage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, protects your car from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply would be a windshield broken by a bird, vandalism, and damage caused by road hazards. The higher the amount you have to pay, the lower your rates will be.
Premiums are affected by your credit score - Your credit score can be a huge factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. Insureds that have high credit scores tend to file fewer claims than those with lower credit scores. So if your credit history can be improved, you could pay less to insure your Ford Escape if you clean up your credit.
Policy add-ons add up - There are a lot of optional add-on coverages that can add up but may not be useful. Coverage for things like rental car coverage, towing coverage, and membership fees may not be needed and are just wasting money. These coverages may sound good at first, but your needs may have changed so remove them and pocket the money.
Ford Escape statistical loss data - Insurers study historical loss data to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Vehicles that the data determines to have a trend towards higher claims will have higher rates. The next table shows the loss history for Ford Escape vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles as a whole is set at 100. Values that are 100 or less mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while numbers that are greater than 100 point to more frequent losses or a tendancy for claims to be larger.
Ford Escape Insurance Claim Statistics
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Ford Escape 4dr 2WD||80||91||83||94||94||92|
|Ford Escape 4dr 4WD||81||84||94||85||90||77|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
There's no such thing as the perfect insurance policy
When choosing coverage, there is no "perfect" insurance plan. Everyone's situation is a little different so this has to be addressed. Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- Should I rate my vehicle as business use?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totalled car?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
If you can't answer these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you don't have a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It's fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Shop online but buy locally
Certain consumers just prefer to have an agent's advice and that is not a bad decision Professional insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help in the event of a claim. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain cheap auto insurance quotes but also keep your business local. And providing support for small agencies is still important in Overland Park.
After completing this simple form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Overland Park who will return price quotes for your coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to contact an agency since price quotes are sent directly to you. If you wish to get a rate quote from a specific auto insurance provider, just jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Selecting an insurance company shouldn't rely on just a cheap quote. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- How long has their agency been open in Overland Park?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Overland Park?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
Insurance is not optional but you don't have to overpay
Despite the high insurance cost for a Ford Escape in Overland Park, paying for insurance is required in Kansas but it also protects you in many ways.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In Kansas these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Ford has a lienholder, more than likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender will be forced to insure your Ford at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance protects both your Ford Escape and your assets. It will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Ford as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your Escape more than offset the price you pay, especially for larger claims. But the average driver in Kansas is wasting up to $865 each year so shop around each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Shop around and save
When you buy Overland Park car insurance online, don't be tempted to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many cases, an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later they didn't purchase enough coverage. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
Some insurance companies don't offer internet price quotes and most of the time these small insurance companies work with independent agencies. Budget-conscious Ford Escape insurance can be bought online and with local Overland Park insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
Much more information about auto insurance in Kansas is located on the following sites:
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Altima in Kansas? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Kansas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Kansas Auto Insurance for Infrequent Drivers? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Lenexa, Kansas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Kansas Car Insurance for 18 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a GMC Acadia in Kansas? (FAQ)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)