Do you think you bought an underperforming, overpriced auto insurance policy? Don't feel bad because many Wichita consumers are in the same pinch.
Regrettably, over 70% of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for well over three years, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never compared rates with other companies. The average driver in the U.S. could save nearly 47% a year by just shopping around, but most just don't grasp the big savings they would realize if they switched to a cheaper policy. Due to the large number of options for buying cheaper insurance for a Nissan Rogue in Wichita, it can be challenging to pick the most affordable insurance company.
Verify you're earning every discount
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you might already qualify for some discounts that can help lower your rates. Many discounts should be triggered when you purchase, but some must be specially asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Discount for New Cars - Putting coverage on a new Rogue can save you some money since new model year vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Bundled Policy Discount - If you have multiple policies with the same company you could earn a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Defensive Driver Discount - Taking time to complete a course teaching driver safety skills could earn you a small percentage discount if you qualify.
- Homeowners Savings - Owning your own home or condo can save a few bucks because it is proof that your finances are in order.
- Multiple Vehicles - Having more than one vehicle with the same auto insurance company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Sign Online - A handful of companies will give a small break shop Wichita auto insurance online.
- Club Memberships - Being a member of specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations can get you a small discount when getting a Wichita auto insurance quote.
- Passenger Safety Discount - Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings as much as 30%.
- Senior Citizen Rates - Seniors may qualify for reduced rates.
You can save money using discounts, but most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Despite the appearance that you could get a free auto insurance policy, it doesn't quite work that way.
Larger auto insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are included below.
- American Family discounts include Steer into Savings, defensive driver, early bird, mySafetyValet, and accident-free.
- State Farm may have discounts that include multiple autos, passive restraint, anti-theft, accident-free, safe vehicle, and multiple policy.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including student driver, homeowners, theft prevention, defensive driver, driver training, good student, and air bags.
- Travelers may offer discounts for continuous insurance, new car, IntelliDrive, home ownership, multi-car, and multi-policy.
- GEICO has savings for anti-lock brakes, membership and employees, five-year accident-free, emergency military deployment, military active duty, and good student.
Before buying, ask every insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered in Wichita. To find auto insurance companies who offer auto insurance discounts in Kansas, click this link.
The easiest way to compare car insurance rates for Nissan Rogue insurance in Wichita takes advantage of the fact auto insurance companies allow for online access to quote your coverage. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is give the companies some data including if the vehicle is leased, daily mileage, if a SR-22 is required, and your credit rating estimate. The rating information gets transmitted to many different companies and you will get price comparisons instantly to find the best rate.
If you wish to get multiple quotes for your Nissan Rogue now, click here and enter the information requested.
The following companies are ready to provide quotes in Wichita, KS. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you get rates from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Rogue S 2WD||$240||$436||$330||$20||$98||$1,124||$94|
|Rogue S AWD||$172||$340||$420||$24||$126||$1,082||$90|
|Rogue SL 2WD||$216||$428||$392||$24||$118||$1,178||$98|
|Rogue SL AWD||$190||$452||$366||$22||$110||$1,140||$95|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Kansas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, and safe-driver. Prices do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can increase or decrease rates substantially.
Insurance premiums for males and females
The example below shows the comparison of Nissan Rogue car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no accidents or driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied.
What Affects Nissan Rogue Insurance Costs?
A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing the different types of things that aid in calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. When you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables informed choices that can earn you lower rates.
The items below are most of the major factors used by companies to determine your premiums.
- Poor driving leads to higher costs - Having a clean driving record has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Only having one speeding ticket or other violation can bump up the cost by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who don't get tickets receive lower rates as compared to careless drivers. Drivers who have received serious violations such as reckless driving or DUI might be required by their state to submit a SR-22 form with their state's department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive.
- Lower rates with a multi-policy discount - Lots of companies allow lower prices to customers who buy several policies from them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you already get this discount, you may still want to comparison shop to verify if the discount is saving money.
- Five star safety rating saves money - Safer cars tend to be cheaper to insure. Vehicles built for safety reduce injuries and lower injury rates means lower claim amounts and thus lower rates. If your Nissan has ratings of a minimum an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you are probably receiving a discount.
- Do you really need the add-on coverages? - There are a lot of extra coverages that can waste your money if you aren't diligent. Coverage for things like replacement cost coverage, towing coverage, and extra equipment coverage may be costing you every month. They may seem good when deciding what coverages you need, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so get rid of them and save.
- Liability protection is cheap - Liability insurance kicks in if ever you are found to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It provides legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Where you live can influence prices - Residing in a rural area can save you money when it comes to car insurance. Drivers in populated areas regularly have more traffic problems and longer commute times. Fewer people means reduced accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates.
- Insurance loss data for Nissan Rogue vehicles - Companies factor in historical loss data as a tool for profitable underwriting. Vehicles that tend to have increased claim numbers or amounts will have higher premium rates. The table below shows the collected loss data for Nissan Rogue vehicles.
For each coverage category, the statistical loss for all vehicles averaged together equals 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 suggest a positive loss record, while values over 100 show a trend for more claims or larger claims.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Nissan Rogue Models
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Nissan Rogue 4dr 2WD 94 91 77 116 108 93 Nissan Rogue 4dr 4WD 94 92 79 117 106 87 Nissan Rogue Select 4dr 2WD 100 119 69 165 169 115 Nissan Rogue Select 4dr 4WD 107 136 69 154 159 132
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Which is the best insurance?
When choosing adequate coverage, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Your needs are not the same as everyone else's and your insurance should unique, too. For instance, these questions might point out whether you might need professional guidance.
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
- Is other people's property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- How many claims can I have before being cancelled?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my Nissan Rogue is totaled?
If you can't answer these questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It's fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Insurance agents are professional risk managers
Many drivers just prefer to talk to a local agent and that can be a smart move Good agents can help determine the best coverages and help file insurance claims. The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get better rates and still buy from a local agent. And buying from local insurance agents is still important in Wichita.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Wichita who want to provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to leave your house because prices are sent to you instantly. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you just need to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
When looking for a good Wichita insurance agent, there are two different types of agents that you can choose from. Agents in Wichita can be described as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either can sell affordable car insurance policies, but it is important to understand the differences because it may have an impact on which agent you choose.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents do not sell for just one brand and that enables them to quote your coverage with lots of companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they quote lower rates, your policy is moved internally and you don't have to switch agencies.
When comparing rates, you should always include a couple of independent agencies to have the best price comparison.
Below is a small list of independent insurance agents in Wichita that may be able to provide price quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents work for only one company and examples are AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are not able to give you multiple price quotes so you might not find the best rates. These agents are highly trained on sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
The following are Wichita exclusive agencies that can give you price quotes.
Selecting an insurance agency requires more thought than just a cheap quote. Any agent in Wichita should have no problem answering these questions:
- How often do they review coverages?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Which family members are covered?
Insurance is not optional but you don't have to overpay
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Nissan in Wichita, paying for insurance serves an important purpose.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability if you want to drive legally. In Kansas these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Rogue with a loan, it's most likely the lender will stipulate that you buy insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you default on your policy, the bank will be required to insure your Nissan for a much higher rate and make you pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance preserves both your Nissan and your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Nissan as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly for liability claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver is wasting up to $820 a year so you should quote rates at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Don't give up on cheaper premiums
Discount Nissan Rogue insurance in Wichita can be sourced both online and also from your neighborhood Wichita agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best selection. A few companies may not provide rate quotes online and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies.
When searching for low cost Wichita auto insurance quotes, you should never buy poor coverage just to save money. In too many instances, someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your aim should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price.
Much more information about auto insurance in Kansas can be read at these links:
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Safe Drivers in Kansas? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Car Insurance in Kansas City, Kansas? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)