If online car insurance comparisons are new to you, you can easily be confused by the crazy number of local and online companies all advertising big savings for Toyota Camry insurance in Wichita.
Remarkably, a study showed that over 70% of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and nearly half have never quoted car insurance rates at all. Wichita consumers can save $810 each year just by comparing rates, but they underestimate the benefits if they replace their high priced policy.
Quoting and comparing rates for the most affordable policy in Wichita is simple if you know the tricks. Just about every vehicle owner who compares rate quotes for insurance will find a better price. But Kansas drivers do need to know the methods companies use to calculate your insurance rates.
Affordable companies for Toyota Camry insurance in Kansas
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Kansas. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Kansas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Estimates do not factor in garaging location in Wichita which can decrease or increase price quotes significantly.
Age, gender, and Toyota Camry insurance
The example below illustrates the difference between Toyota Camry car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
Rate increases following a ticket or accident
The information below illustrates how violations and accident claims raise Toyota Camry auto insurance rates for different age categories. The premium estimates are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Higher deductibles lower rates
The chart below illustrates how your deductible choice and can impact Toyota Camry premium costs for different insured age categories. The rate quotes are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Wichita Insurance Costs are Influenced by These Factors
Multiple criteria are used when premium rates are determined. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving record, but others are not as apparent such as your credit history or your financial responsibility.
Shown below are just a few of the factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set prices.
With age comes lower premiums - Older drivers have been proven to be more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and receive fewer citations.Teenage drivers are statistically proven to be more careless when driving therefore insurance rates are much higher.
Your occupation may affect rates - Did you know your insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Careers like military generals, airline pilots, and medical professionals tend to pay higher premium rates in part from high stress levels and lots of time spent at work. Conversely, careers like professors, engineers and the unemployed get better rates.
Decrease rates by maintaining coverage - Allowing your coverage to lapse will be a sure-fire way to increase your renewal premiums. In addition to paying higher premiums, not being able to provide proof of insurance may result in a steep fine or even jail time. You may then be required to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Kansas motor vehicle department.
Poor credit can mean higher premiums - Credit history can be an important factor in calculating your insurance rates. Drivers who have high credit scores tend to file fewer claims than drivers with poor credit scores. Therefore, if your credit leaves room for improvement, you may save money insuring your Toyota Camry by improving your credit score.
Keep rates low by being claim-free - Insurance companies in Kansas generally give better rates to people that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can look forward to higher rates. Your insurance policy is intended for more catestrophic claims.
Toyota Camry insurance loss data - Companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle to help set a rate to offset losses. Models that have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will cost more to insure.
The table below demonstrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Toyota Camry vehicles. For each coverage category, the claim amount for all vehicles averaged together is equal to 100. Percentage numbers below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while percentage numbers above 100 point to more frequent losses or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Toyota Camry Insurance Claim Statistics
|Specific Toyota Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Toyota Camry Hybrid||124||100||110||118||127||96|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Take policy discounts and save on Toyota Camry insurance in Wichita
Companies don't always list all possible discounts in a way that's easy to find, so we break down some of the best known and the more hidden credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Drivers Ed for Students - Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them take driver's ed class in school.
- Professional Organizations - Belonging to a civic or occupational organization in Wichita could earn you a nice discount on your next renewal.
- Seat Belt Discounts - Requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the personal injury premium cost.
- 55 and Retired - Mature drivers may qualify for lower premium rates.
- Active Service Discounts - Having a deployed family member could qualify you for better auto insurance rates.
- Distant College Student Discount - Kids who are attending college and do not take a car to college could qualify for this discount.
- Home Ownership Discount - Just being a homeowner can save a few bucks because of the fact that having a home is proof of financial responsibility.
Drivers should understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given the the whole policy. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like you could get a free auto insurance policy, that's just not realistic.
A few of the larger companies and their offered discounts are:
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online signing, good student, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and online quote discount.
- MetLife has discounts for good student, accident-free, multi-policy, defensive driver, good driver, claim-free
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts including multi-car, anti-theft, good student, type of vehicle, ease of repair, and low natural disaster claims.
- Nationwide offers discounts for good student, family plan, anti-theft, Farm Bureau membership, and accident-free.
- GEICO discounts include driver training, anti-theft, air bags, seat belt use, and defensive driver.
- AAA may have discounts that include multi-car, pay-in-full, good student, good driver, education and occupation, and multi-policy.
Check with every company to apply every possible discount. Some discounts may not apply everywhere. To locate insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Kansas, click here to view.
When to contact an insurance agency
A small number of people still like to talk to an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find cheap insurance rates but also keep your business local. Buying from local agents is important especially in Wichita.
After filling out this simple form, your insurance data is sent to local insurance agents in Wichita who want to provide quotes for your business. There is no reason to contact any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent to you instantly. You can most likely find cheaper rates AND a local agent. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a particular provider, feel free to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right provider shouldn't rely on just a cheap quote. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
Quote. Compare. Save.
Cheaper auto insurance in Wichita can be sourced both online as well as from insurance agents, so you need to shop Wichita auto insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who may not have price quotes online and most of the time these smaller providers sell through local independent agencies.
People leave their current company for a number of reasons such as being labeled a high risk driver, extreme rates for teen drivers, questionable increases in premium and even delays in paying claims. Regardless of your reason, switching auto insurance companies is not as difficult as it may seem.
We just covered a lot of ways to find cheaper Toyota Camry insurance in Wichita. It's most important to understand that the more you quote Wichita auto insurance, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. Consumers could even find that the best car insurance rates are with a lesser-known regional company.
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Overland Park, Kansas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates in Kansas? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Kansas Auto Insurance for a Honda CR-V? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Handicapped Drivers in Kansas? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Garden City, Kansas? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)